- 5 cups basil packed
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine pine nuts and walnuts and garlic and process in a food processor for 30 seconds.
- Add Basil and salt and pepper.
- Slowly add Olive Oil and process until thoroughly pureed.
- Add Cheese and puree for 1 minute.
Makes 3 Cups
Store pesto in refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.