Waffles are my weekend morning dish. Extra time for making and eating- no rushing. Drizzle syrup or add fresh fruit and whipped cream.
Easy Home Made Waffles. Get yourself a waffle maker. Most modern waffle makers are non stick, if it isn't, spray non-stick vegetable oil lightly or brush lightly with oil.
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix the eggs, milk, and oil in a large bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt and mix until blended.
- Heat the waffle iron, brush or spray oil lightly if necessary.
- Pour in enough batter to just fill.
- Close until the steaming stops and waffles are crisp, tender and brown.
Makes 8 Adapted from Fannie Farmer