- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup milk scalded
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg for top
- 1/2 cup raisin- Optional- see Note ( I didn't add raisins- but you may!)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, salt and vanilla to eggs, beat.
- Scald milk on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes until you can see heat rising. Add butter to milk and melt.
- Add scalded milk and butter to beaten egg mixture.
- Add cooked rice- mix. Note- If adding raisins, wash before adding to egg mixture
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top.
- Set casserole in a pan of hot water.
- Bake for 45- 60 minutes or until pudding has set.
Adapted from Grandma Billie's recipes