|Here's what you will be needing for yummy beef stew: Beef Chuck, Tomato Paste, Balsamic Vinegar, Flour, Salt and Pepper, Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Carrots, Celery, Beef Stock, Water, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme and flat leaf parsley.|
- 3 pounds Beef Chuck, trimmed of visible fat and cut into 1 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Grey salt and fresh ground Pepper
- 1 pound medium onions ( about 2) cut into slices
- 1/2 pound Yukon Gold potatoes ( about 3) well scrubbed, cut into chunks
- 5 stalks celery with leaves, cut into chunks
- 1 pound carrots, well scrubbed, cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves smashed
- 4 cups water
- 2- 26 ounces low -sodium beef stock
- 4 sprigs oregano
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In an 11 quart roaster/ broiler pot, with a tight fitting lid, combine beef, tomato paste, vinegar, flour and salt and pepper.
- Add chopped vegetables and herbs, water and beef stock.
- Stir stew every 1/2 hour or so.
- Cook for 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- Remove herb stems.
- Serve beef stew with crusty French Bread.
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living
I have linked up to these fabulous blogs!