|Being a food blogger, I look at recipes all day and make a mental note to try the recipe. I read through the ingredient list and then go on my merry way. That is what I did with this recipe from Walking On Sunshine. After going to the market and starting to make this recipe, I noticed that I had forgotten three key ingredients, but that is the great thing about making this Sausage and Pepper Roll, you can use whatever ingredients you have on hand, you can do a meat and veggie and cheese combo or a veggie and cheese combo or a just plain cheese roll. I chose Hot Italian Sausage, jack cheese, Parmesano Reggiano Cheese, Onions, Green Peppers combination. This was a dish that I will make again, next time I will do a veggie combo with cheese.|
In a skillet, break up and mash Hot Italian Sausage with a fork, brown on medium heat. Drain fat after browned. Set aside in a bowl.
Add browned sausage on top of rolled out pizza dough, on top of the meat, add browned onions and peppers, add cheese on top of veggies. Roll up all ingredients length wise. Bring ends together. Carefully place in an oiled bundt pan. Let rise for 30 minutes.
Looks perfect. Let cool for 2 minutes before taking out of Bundt Pan. Let cool for 1 minute before slicing. Perfect with a side salad and a glass of Chianti! Ciao Nettie
Sausage and Peppers Roll
1 Package of Hot Italian Sausage
1 Onion chopped
! green pepper chopped
1 cup grated Jack and Parmigiano Reggiano Cheeses
1 package pizza dough
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- In a skillet, brown sausage removed from casing. mash with a fork. Drain fat after meat is browned. Set aside in a bowl.
- Brown onions and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside after browned.
- Roll out pizza dough to make a large rectangle shape.
- Place sausage on pizza dough, place veggies on meat, place cheese on top of veggies.
- Roll the pizza dough, being careful not to tear dough.
- Brush Olive oil inside of Bundt pan.
- Carefully place roll in Bundt pan.
- Let rise for 1/2 hour, covered with a towel.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown all over.
- Let set for 2 minutes before removing from pan. After flipping out of pan, let cool for a minute before slicing.