- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries ( fresh or frozen)
- butter for the griddle
- Beat the milk, butter, and egg lightly in mixing bowl.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and add all at once to the first mixture, stirring just enough to dampen the flour. Add Blueberries.
- Lightly butter a griddle or frying pan and set over moderate heat.
- For small griddlecakes drop 2 tablespoons of the batter on the pan.
- Bake on the griddle until the cakes are bubbly on the top and undersides are lightly browned.
- Turn with the spatula and brown the other sides.
- Place finished griddlecakes on a warm plate in a 200*F oven until there is enough to begin serving.
- Makes 16 Griddlecakes