Easy Spaghetti Bolognese
So, it's a summer day and I am really craving a great red sauce, real Italian style, hearty. I have just finished baking a couple batches of my English Muffin Bread and it's LOVE Italian Style! This pasta dish is so easy and so delicious, you won't ever want to buy a jar sauce again, yes I promise you, it's true!
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 16 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 12 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- In a saute pan, add Olive Oil, meat and onions and garlic, brown meat, drain fat.
- Add tomatoes, water and sugar and seasonings, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes. You will smell the fabulous aromas.
- In a large pot of salted water bring to a boil, add spaghetti, cook at a rolling boil for 8-10 minutes until pasta is Al dente, drain water.
- Cover pasta with a scoop of meat sauce.
- Add grated Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Enjoy! Nettie. This post has been linked up to these fabulous blogs!