Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Irish Coffee

St. Patrick's Day Irish Coffee: The best Irish Coffee that I have ever had was when 19 of us went to Ireland, hubs family and I. We try to go to a different country ever other year and that year we went to Ireland. It was one of the best trips, not only because I had never been to Ireland before but because they are of Irish decent, plus, Ireland is majestically breath taking. We just love being together, between laughing and story telling and lots of singing, there is lots of drinking! One gorgeous day, as we were driving the cliffs of Ireland, around the bend, my son in law and I noticed a beautiful spot to stop for a coffee. This is what we ordered. It was a  clear, crisp day overlooking the bright green cliffs, rams and sheep scattering about. As we were brought our Irish Coffee's, the waiter said a Good Morning with a twinkle in his eye. The first sip brought me to the Irish roots that I wish I had. It was so delicious with a combo of strong coffee, a bit of whiskey and fresh whipped thick cream. I savored each sip, admiring the Rhododendrons and wild Rosemary growing about. I sat thinking, don't lose this memory, 7 years later this memory strikes me whenever making an Irish Coffee. Because it is so simply delicious, a toast to you! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
A shamrock for Good Luck!
 
Irish Coffee Recipe
1 1/2 oz Irish Whiskey
1 tsp brown sugar
6 oz hot coffee
Whipped heavy cream


Combine whiskey, sugar and coffee in a mug and stir to dissolve. Pour coffee into your favorite serving glass, float cold cream gently on top. Do not mix. Enjoy!



This post has been linked up to these wonderful blogs!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

CEK said...

Mmmmmm....I'll be right over!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

Carrie, I would love that! Come up to Maine anytime and I'll have an Irish Coffee ready for you sweetie!

Unknown said...

What a great vacation and a lovely memory! I can almost taste the coffee now. Yum! Thanks for sharing!

Moore or Less Cooking said...

@the Shady Porch,

It twas thee best me lady! LOL! MMM I can always go for an Irish Coffee, what a treat!

Nettie

Unknown said...

You are making' me cravin' for this!

Following your lovely blog.

Also inviting you to join our meatless recipe blog hop/showcase at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge. You are also very welcome to add your blog here: http://olahmomma.com/momlounge/node/add/blog-list

Hope to see ya there! Have a great day:)

The Quiet Mom at http://olahmomma.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Nettie, I just love the stories that go along with your recipes! This Irish Coffee sounds wonderful, and your description of having it for the first time in Ireland with your son-in-law - what a great memory!

Hope you are well, my friend, and thanks for sharing this deliciously naughty coffee!