Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

I think I went a little overboard with my purchasing of canned pumpkin. Is that even possible? I bought a case. I really love pumpkin and have had a hankering for Pumpkin Cheesecake. I have been seeing so many gorgeous Cheesecakes on Pinterest. But the thing is, you have to refrigerate your cheesecake and I needed these bars for a party tonight! In my travels, I stumbled upon a very easy recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars. Now when I tell you easy, I mean EEEE-Z. Not easy like you open a pouch of ingredients and add water, I mean easier than a cheesecake easier. Although if you double this recipe, you can actually make a cheesecake if you place all ingredients in a spring form pan. I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand, which makes me happier than all get out. I planned on bringing these to a dinner party at Lily's home, but they were gone in a flash. Note to self, double this recipe next time! These bars are perfect for a snack, dessert or in my case breakfast. I used  chopped walnuts, but you can use pecans or choose to go nut free. Either way, these are a perfect Holiday Bar.
 
 
Here's what you need: flour, brown sugar, butter, chopped walnuts, cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla.
Combine flour and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Cut in butter to make a crumb mixture. Stir in nuts. Set aside 3/4 cup mixture for topping. 
Press remaining mixture into bottom of 8x8x1 1/2 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15  minutes. Cool slightly.
Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla in  large mixer bowl. I used my Kitchen Aid. Blend until smooth. 
Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake an additional 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars. Makes 12 bars. If you double the recipe and put it in a spring form pan, it makes a wonderful cheesecake ( increase baking time)
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
1 c. all purpose flour
1/3 c. packed golden brown sugar
5 tbsp. butter, softened
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans or walnuts
1 (8 oz.) pkg. softened cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. Libby's solid pack pumpkin
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Combine flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Cut in butter to make a crumb mixture. Stir in nuts. Set aside 3/4 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into bottom of 8 x 8 x 1 1/2 inch basking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Cool slightly. Combine cream cheese, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Blend until smooth. Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping. Bake an additional 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars. Makes 12 bars. If you double recipe and put in a spring form pan it makes a wonderful cheesecake (increase baking time).
Recipe adapted from Cooks.com 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: