French Toast on a Saturday Morning.Ingredients
I hear the birds singing, the pan sizzling, my mouth is watering. Just thinking about all the yummy recipes that I can make with this Rustic Panne. First things first, so French Toast here I come!
- 3 eggs
- 1cup milk
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp.salt
- 6 slices of bread
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Butter ( for your skillet)
- Maple syrup
- Powdered sugar ( Optional)
- Beat eggs
- Add milk, sugar, salt and cinnamon
- Heat skillet, add a Tbsp of butter
- Dip bread into egg batter on both sides
- Brown in skillet
- Serve with maple syrup and a shake of powdered sugar
Makes 6-8 servings
I had a hankering for some French Toast- or Texas Toast as some of you may know it as.
It is so yummy- I can't believe that it has been years since I made it. Depending on what kind of bread you have makes all the world of difference. I just happened to have some of the Rustic Panne from Trader Joe's- I love it because it is dense and holey and chewy. It makes THE BEST french toast.If you can't find this, any kind of dense bread works- actually if it is a day stale- even better!